2022 has been another exciting and dynamic year in the world of digital advertising. Looking ahead, here are our predictions for 2023, according to our expert leadership team.
Television – linear and CTV
- A continued shift towards streaming platforms, with advertisers following the audience to these new channels and investing in more personalized, interactive ads.
- The rise of new technologies, such as advanced targeting and self-serve, which could enable advertisers to reach specific audiences more efficiently and effectively.
- An increased focus on the integration of TV ads with other channels, such as social media, to create a seamless and effective cross-platform advertising strategy.
- An emphasis on the integration of online and offline channels, as retailers seek to create a seamless and consistent experience for customers across all touchpoints. This could include the use of in-store devices and other technologies to deliver personalized and location-based ads to consumers.
- A continued trend towards the consolidation of retail media networks, as larger networks acquire smaller ones or form partnerships to gain a competitive advantage and offer a more comprehensive range of ad formats and options to advertisers.
- A continued shift towards first-party audiences and leveraging the trust and brand reputation of premium publishers as a unique selling point.
- An emphasis on building strong relationships with advertisers and offering them a range of innovative and effective ad formats and options.
- The continued growth of native advertising, as publishers look for ways to integrate sponsored content seamlessly into their editorial offerings.
- An increased focus on user privacy and the use of first-party data in advertising, as advertisers seek to comply with new regulations and gain the trust of consumers.
- An emphasis on building strong relationships with consumers and offering them a personalized and relevant advertising experience, as advertisers seek to differentiate themselves in a crowded and competitive market.
- An increasing trend towards the consolidation of first-party data across multiple channels and devices, as advertisers seek to create a more comprehensive and accurate view of their customers.